This list is like gold. Certainly worth printing and posting on your bulletin board. It was created by Phyllis Patrick, MBA, FACHE, CHC, and business partner Angel Hoffman, RN, MSN, cofounders of the AP Health Care Compliance Group. A portion of the list posted below from an article by Dom Nicastro for HealthLeaders Media:
- Does your organization already have a policy addressing social media?
- Does the policy reflect the viewpoints and needs of various stakeholders (e.g., patient care, research, education)?
- How does the policy support the mission, vision, and values of your organization?
- Is your primary interest restricting or enabling the use of social media?
- Does your organization view social media as a highly effective information gateway?
- Have you asked your workforce how the organization can take advantage of the benefits of social media and avoid the pitfalls